Then after each class had their turn everyone got back on the stage and sang Silent Night and Feliz Navidad (two songs I could sort of help him with). Both times Liam was at the front and I got really good video of him, well good for a school production and where we were sitting. Hopefully you can see the videos below. It's my first time posting video to the blog. Oh and being the dork that I am, I teared up when I first saw him on the stage. He is just growing up way too fast for me. And by the way Brianna was a perfect little angle the entire time.
OK, so this first video is taking forever to download - which means you only get this one. I don't have the patience to sit here and wait this long for two more videos. Besides this gives you the idea of how well he did singing. : )
The last day of school before break, Liam's class had a holiday brunch. I volunteered to help out, so I could be there. Santa came in on a fire truck and visited each class handing out candy canes. Oh, you'll notice in the photos that everyone got to wear their PJs. I had to work a few hours that morning, so I didn't wear mine. So after eating their food, it was story time. Mr. Hord is Mrs. Hord's teaching assistant. He still has one more year to go before he can be a teacher in his own right. Anyway, he read The Polar Express to the kids, who were sitting with their stuffed animals listening intently. After the story, Mrs. Hord told the kids that Santa had dropped something off for all the kids. She pulled out a wade of silver sleigh bells. They were all tangled up. So she had the kids move onto the hot chocolate portion of the day while Mr. Bobby (that's what the kids call Mr. Hord) got the bells untangled. After hot chocolate and bell distribution, the kids sat back on their squares and opened their stockings. It was so much fun to be a part of this mini-celebration. The kids had so much fun. It was an early release day, so Liam and I went to the mall and saw the movie Despereau (I can't spell French words), but we both almost fell asleep during it. No reflection on the movie - it was good - we were both just tired from the morning festivities. Typical reaction to the holidays - a ton of fun that leaves you ready for a nap. Enjoy the pictures. (I really need to get better at editing HTML - these photos are in the opposite order than I want them to be)
No comments:
Post a Comment