Another real conversation with Liam in the car on the way home.
Liam, “Did you know who made this city?”
Me, “Who?”
Liam, “Heaven made our city and he made you and me and everyone.”
Me, “wow”
Liam, “Yeah and it was really hard and when he was done he was tired, so he took a little rest. And did you know that his best friend is Santa?”
Me, “That’s cool. I really like Santa.”
Liam, “Yeah. Mommy did you know Heaven’s short name?”
Me, “No, what’s Heaven nickname?”
Liam, “I like to call him Heav for short.”
At this point it takes all my concentration to make the left hand turn I’m in the process of while trying to stifle a laugh.
When I gain my composure, “Cool, dude.”
Liam, “yeah, Heav lives in the sky.”
Me, “uh huh.”
And that was the end of that conversation.
Oh and his new favorite saying that he got from Mrs. Hord is “Easy Peasy”. As in “That page was easy peasy mommy. Do I have to do another page of homework or can I take a chocolate milk break?” We have been lucky this week because the alpha friend is Leo the Lion – L. Since his name starts with L he already knows it, so all the English homework was easy peasy this week. He’s always really good with the math homework, so I finally got a week where I didn’t have to struggle with him to do his homework. I still think it’s crazy that Kindergarteners have homework though.
Oh and Brianna is going to be ahead of the game because she loves to watch Liam do his homework and is already really good at the letter sounds. More on her antics later.
No comments:
Post a Comment