Last Saturday, Greg took Liam up to see his first baseball game. The A's were playing the Royals. So Greg got all decked out in his Royal's T-shirt. I dressed Liam up in a blue shirt and pants. They headed out at 10:00. Brianna, Grandma, and I decided to go up to Valley Fair and do some shopping.
So this is what Greg told me about his special day with Liam. They were going to get there wayyyy too early, so Greg saw a Kolh's and decided to stop on the way and get some A's stuff for Liam and hopefully save some money. Liam got a baseball cap and T-shirt. They also got some peanuts and apple juice boxes.
It was Bobble-head night, so now Liam thinks you get presents if you go to a baseball game. They sat three rows up from the Royals bull pen. But Liam's favorite part was walking all the way to the top of the bleachers and see how high up they were. On the way to the top they stopped by the A's store and Liam insisted on getting a foam #1 finger (which is now hanging from his curtain rod). They also ate cracker jacks and cotton candy (they brought home the leftovers for mommy). Liam had so much fun and didn't fall asleep until in the car on the way home, which was a relief to Greg.
The next day Liam spent a lot of time finding the exact right spot in his room for his Bobble-head doll of some guy named Travis (I think). He is sitting on his far bed post, where Brianna can't reach him. Liam also wore his new hat constantly.
On Sunday, we all took a walk to the playground and played. Then we walked to Safeway and picked up some groceries. I just love our big stroller - it can carry a ton of stuff and Brianna too. On the way from the park to Safeway, Liam asked if this was his adventure for the day. We said yes, didn't you have fun playing in the park. He said he wanted to go on a car adventure because this adventure was BORING.
Well, sure compared to the day before I'm sure it was, but it made me a little sad because he's told me a few times the things we do are boring. So now I've got to come up with something good that Liam and I can do together that isn't boring. Wish me luck!
No comments:
Post a Comment